Industrial Maintenance Technician I
Ensures all aspects of the maintenance process are properly executed as provided and instructed by the department supervisor. Ensures that the appropriate equipment is in proper working order and is maintained during daily production and thereafter. Follows Good Manufacturing Practices
(“GMPs”) and complies with OSHA standards.
We are recognized internationally as a leading source for reliable, skilled craftsmen with thousands of employees across North America. With more than 5,000 active clients we have a plenty of great opportunities for skilled Industrial Maintenance Technicians that want to be the best in their field.We offer consistent work, top pay, benefits, and employment opportunities in most major markets throughout North America.
As a Industrial Maintenance Technician I you will be responsible for constructing, assembling, repairing and dismantling industrial machinery and equipment.
Job Duties and Responsibilities-
• Performs routine preventive maintenance (“PM”) to ensure that machines continue to run
• Trains machine operators.
• Sets-up and tears down equipment.
• Lubricates bearings on equipment when needed.
• Performs preventative maintenance on packaging equipment.
• Repairs or replaces defective equipment and parts.
• Uses MP2 for work orders, PM, and parts location, usage and ordering.
• Notifies supervisor of any production issues or equipment malfunctions.
• Complies with GMPs and Company standards.
• Complies with Lock Out / Tag Out.
• Adheres to Machine Guarding process.
• Performs other duties as required.
Job Requirements, Education, & Certifications
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
• Must have general knowledge of equipment operations and MP2
• Knowledge of how to use lubricants and power and hand tools
• Must have strong verbal communication skills
• Ability to read and write English
• Must have troubleshooting skills
• Knowledge of GMPs and Lock-out / Tag-out procedures
• Ability to be on feet all day and perform walking, stooping, and bending functions as
• Ability to work at steady and continuous pace and to keep up with manufacturing
• See Job Hazards Analysis
• Extreme temperature variations
• Wet surfaces
• Moving mechanical parts
• Industrial equipment
Simply put, we're not a temp agency and don't just hire anyone. In fact, we're highly selective, committed to hiring only those Journeyman Millwrights that are highly skilled in their trade with unwavering reliability, strong work ethic, and a desire to be the best.
4 years of experience working as a Millwright
Ability to construct, assemble, repair and dismantle machinery and equipment using tools such as: hammers, wrenches, crowbars, rollers, dollies, hoists and other hand tools
Ability to understand schematic diagrams, blueprints, sketches, building plans and other specifications required by our client for information regarding the type of material required to get job done
Experience working with equipment such as boom lifts, scissor lifts, and forklifts
Strong working knowledge of job site safety as well as ability to complete a company specific safety orientation
High standard of integrity and professionalism
Drug free at all times
In addition to consistent work, top pay, and employment opportunities, we provide a benefits package that is among the best in the industry. Our comprehensive benefits encourage our employees and their families to build a lifelong relationship with us.
Dental and vision plan
Prescription drug plan
401(k) profit-sharing savings plan
Tool purchase programs
Tradesmen International is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability