Tradesmen International is seeking CNC Programers and Machinists for immediate openings!
Job Position: Programmer & Machinist III
Responsible for the programming of computer numeric controlled production equipment as the primary responsibility. May also perform machinist duties.
Essential Job Functions:
- Display and manipulate part images on computer screen for proper tool paths and machining
- Change program or offsets to obtain final dimensions
- Read, interpret and understand blue prints and tolerances
- Document measurement data
- Observe machine operation to detect work piece defects or machine malfunction
- Measure work piece dimensions to determine accuracy
- Remove burrs, sharp edges, rust, or scale from work piece
- Maintenance of machine and machine area
- Ensure activities are logged into the Data Collection system
- Maintain back up paper records
- Follow the Manufacturing Process Instructions (MPI’s)
- Regularly train or provide general instruction
- May direct work of others
- Understand and work with blue prints
- Machines and tools, including design, use, repair, and maintenance
- Applied mathematics
- Raw materials, production processes, quality control costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods
- Effective training techniques
- CNC mill and/or lathe programming
- CNC mill and/or lathe operation
- Critical thinking
- Reading comprehension
- Active listening
- Monitoring and assessing self, others, and processes to make improvements or take corrective action
- Arm-hand steadiness
- Manual and finger dexterity
- Problem sensitivity
- Attention to detail
- Can follow written and verbal instructions
Job Controls and Complexity:
Employee carries out work with minimal supervision – the supervisor sets only goals, priorities, and deadlines. The supervisor provides direction on methods only for unprecedented work.
Processes, procedures, or software vary from one assignment to the next, although assignments are related in function and objective. Based on the assignment, the employee must use diverse, but conventional methods, techniques, or approaches.
- High School education or general education degree (GED).
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in metal fabrication
- Operation, setup and/or CNC programming of Horizontal and/or Vertical Lathes and/or Mills
The following requirements are essential to the position, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Heavy Work – exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
- Standing for sustained period of time
- Talking – conveying detailed or important spoken instructions accurately, loudly, or quickly when no other means of communication would be effective.
- Hearing – ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and to make discriminations in sound when no other means of communication would be effective.
- Visual Acuity – The worker is required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as: operates machines, such as lathes, drill presses, power saws, and mills where the seeing job is at or within arm’s reach; performs mechanical or skilled trade tasks of a non-repetitive nature such as carpenter, technicians, service people, plumbers, painters, mechanics, etc.
- The worker is occasionally subject to noise. There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above ambient noise level.
- The worker is subject to hazards including proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, or exposure to chemicals.