Tradesmen International is seeking highly motivated craft professionals to join our team. If you’re qualified to be a Water Utility Supervisor and want to work alongside other proven craftsmen who emphasize safety, productivity and superior craftsmanship, this is your chance to advance your career! We are recognized internationally as a leading source for reliable, skilled craftsmen with thousands of employees serving the world’s top contractors. With more than 5,000 active clients, we have plenty of great job opportunities for supervisors in the state of Louisiana.
We are looking for a specialist in water systems to serve as a superintendent in the field for operations of state water utilities. This is fantastic opportunity, and it requires a strong background in water systems, a familiarity with 2" to 36" water systems, reliable transportation and a valid driver's license, and experience leading a crew of 5-10 employees.
Primary Role Manages the day-to-day operations of water and/or wastewater plant(s), operations and/or distribution systems in accordance with Company policies and procedures and all applicable governmental laws and regulations.
• Assist with preparing and controlling local construction, operations, and maintenance within established budget limitations.
• Establish a program that will ensure all EPA Partnership for Safe Water Goals will be met on a period-by-period basis.
• Ensure local water and/or wastewater operations meet the required standards and are in compliance with regulatory targets
. • Supervise the implementation of standards, targets, policies, and plans to ensure the continuing and increasing operational efficiency, effectiveness, and profitability.
• Ensure that operational integrity (quality, environment, reliability, health, safety, security, etc.) is maintained.
• Develop and direct cost effective solutions to meet customers’ expectations and technical requirements and to encourage best practice and innovation throughout all operational areas.
• Implement effective reporting processes. Provide analysis and support to Production and/or Network Director with information required for various reports, budgets, and business plans. • Implement and foster the coaching and development of employees, including idea generation, within respective functional areas.
• Ensure effective people management policies and practices are developed and implemented (e.g., time and attendance, workforce management, etc.) and ensure resources are developed and deployed appropriately. • Continue to reinforce the importance of developing a diverse workforce. • Support the Business Development function in the operational analysis pricing and integration of water and wastewater business opportunities in both the regulated and non-regulated markets.
• Work collaboratively with other functional leads to mitigate business risks.
• Implement effective communications at all levels of our operations.
• Provide effective leadership that will enhance our abilities to be flexible to changing business environments. • Contribute to effective communication by listening and providing constructive feedback; supporting the creation of an open and honest work environment; cascading and sharing knowledge and information relevant to other members of the team and colleagues across the business.
Knowledge / Skills
• Knowledge of the regulated water/wastewater business within the region and the regulations impacting the business as well as applicable regulations, requirements, and trends within water/wastewater business,
• Knowledge of company policies and procedures and management theories, practices, and trends, expert knowledge of process and operational areas. Competencies Dealing Effectively with Direct Reports Delegation Directing Others Managing / Measuring Work Planning Sharing Information
Experience / Education
• 3-5 years experience in supervising operational areas and operating units, and managing and meeting performance targets. • 2 year or 4 year degree in operational discipline, management, or related technical discipline or equivalent.
Tradesmen International, America’s elite skilled labor force, is seeking experienced superintendents to join our team. We are recognized internationally as a leading source for reliable, skilled craftsmen with thousands of employees across North America. With more than 5,000 active clients we have a plenty of great opportunities for skilled construction carpenters that want to be the best in their field. We offer consistent work, top pay, benefits, and employment opportunities in most major markets throughout North America.
In addition to consistent work, top pay, and employment opportunities, we provide a benefits package that is among the best in the industry. Our comprehensive benefits encourage our employees and their families to build a lifelong relationship with us.
Tradesmen International is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability