If you are a Marine Electrician and want to be a part of the nation’s elite marine skilled workforce, this is your chance to advance your career.
Tradesmen International is proud to employ America’s best marine-dedicated craftsmen. If you are a marine-experienced craftsman who emphasizes safety, productivity and superior craftsmanship, we want you to join our team.
We are recognized internationally as a leading source for reliable, skilled craftsmen with thousands of employees serving the world’s best shipyards and yacht builders. With hundreds of active partners, we have plenty of great shipyard employment opportunities. We offer consistent work, top pay, benefits, and safety training to our employees.
This position is in Newport News, VA
Pay is up to $27.31 an hour with $120 a day per diem
Must pass a 7 year background investigation and a Hair follicle Drug Test
We have other opportunites available
The Deck Electrician must have three (3) or more years of experience in the electrical field – Marine or Commercial Nuclear applications.
1. Must be able to read and interpret shipboard electrical installation drawings, wiring tables, schematics, and work packages.
2. Work independently with proper instruction.
3. Proficient in the use of basic electrical meters and test instruments (volt-ohm meter, clamp-on ammeter, insulation resistance testers (mergers, etc.).
4. General deck electrician work. (i.e. layoff and mount electrical equipment and wireways; install cable penetrations in equipment , bulkheads, and decks; cable installation; cable terminations; and cut-in and hook-up)
5. Proficient in the use of basic electrician hand tools (i.e. Pliers, wrenches, sockets, screwdrivers, connector crimping tools, etc.)
6. Physically able to climb vertical and inclined stairs and ladders, crawl, bend, stoop, work at heights, and work in confined spaces.
7. A Deck Electrician will be required to pass the Stud Shooting training class and the associated vision test. These tests will administered by NNS.
Tradesmen International, America’s elite skilled labor force, is seeking experienced Marine Electricians to join our team. We are recognized internationally as a leading source for reliable, skilled electricians with thousands of employees across North America. With more than 5,000 active clients we have a plenty of great opportunities for skilled marine electricians that want to be the best in their field. We offer consistent work, top pay, benefits, and employment opportunities in most major markets throughout North America.
In addition to consistent work, top pay, and employment opportunities, we provide a benefits package that is among the best in the industry. Our comprehensive benefits encourage our employees and their families to build a lifelong relationship with us.
Tradesmen International is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability